Friday, January 14, 2011

Such a Trooper!

We've had a hectic week here. Day care posted "2 confirmed cases of RSV" on Christopher's room door last Friday. I could literally feel my heart sink anticipating the worst. Christopher had been coughing a bit but I wasn't too concerned until I saw the sign. Jared went up north ice fishing over the weekend so little dude and I just hung out together. We had friends visit us on Saturday afternoon and night and it helped the day move along. He was a little fussy but not at all unmanageable (does a mom ever admit if their child IS unmanageable?)

As the weekend progressed...so did the cold. He didn't have a fever and was breathing OK, just coughing a lot. On Monday I called our Doctor's office and they confirmed that w/out a fever and labored breathing it didn't pay to go in. I kept him home from day care and we just snuggled and played a little and snuggled some more. By Monday afternoon I decided that his cough was a little too much and we decided to go to the walk-in. I'm glad we did. They tested him for RSV, did a nebulizer treatment and took two x-rays of his lungs and learned that indeed Christopher had RSV. Boooooo. Christopher was such a sweetheart through the entire ordeal and the nurses even commented that they could not believe he was RSV positive.

So we've done nebulizer treatments around the clock for the last few days and we kept him out of daycare for a couple days. They said "you can take him if he doesn't have a fever" but I just wanted my baby here. I cried and cried on Wednesday when I took him back in. He's doing tons better and isn't even having the monster coughing jags like he was - he'll get into a cute giggle fit and start coughing.

I start my new job at Sentry on Monday. I'm mostly looking forward to it. I'm getting a little nervous and not really looking forward to the commute...but trying to keep my mind on the prize - hopefully we'll move down to Stevens Point by year end. Jared and I have done some major house hunting the last few weeks and definitely have some favorites. We will need to get our butts in gear to get our current home market ready. BLECH! (eyes on the prize!!)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that your baby has RSV!! I'm worried about my Kenzie having it, she's been coughing a lot too! But I am glad that you got time to snuggle with you baby. But I also feel your pain on the whole house deal-my husband and I are trying to decide if we want/can move and I need to get my butt in gear too! Enjoy your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww poor baby!! Hope he gets better fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,

    Good luck on starting your new job. I don't want you to move farther away though! Oh well, life happens, right?

    Hope Christopher is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete