Monday, January 17, 2011

It won't be like this for long...

Yeah Hootie did that as a country song - it's actually pretty good. Go Google it. I heard that once while Christopher had colic and it helped me through. I definitely need to listen to it again.

I'm a LUCKY girl this morning (as I listen to Jared finally saw some serious logs behind me on the couch). Christopher has been an absolute monster (I'm sorry, but yes I am seriously calling my 6 month old a monster) overnight. Like to the point where my patience are worn so thin that I am positive that you can see right through them. Like to the point where I am such a bitch to Jared that I am LUCKY that he doesn't give me the old "F YOU" and leave me. Thankfully Jared took a major part of the "watch" last night while I tried to get some sleep.

My nerves are shot worrying about starting my new job and I'm anxious about driving today with all this new snow we got - again. So I'm trying to think of the funny things that happened over night or over the last couple nights.

Thursday night I was going through our sleep routine and Christopher got his milk drunk on. Jared had not seen the face so I whisper/call to him to come to the nursery. The milk drunk face is almost gone but still cute. Jared comes in, looks at him, Christopher opens his eyes, smiles this big beautiful smile and passes back out. Got me *right here* I tell ya. I cried like a baby.

This morning when Christopher cranked up at 2:00 or whatever time it was I finally pass him over to Jared around 2:30 a.m. I crawl back into bed and I hear Christopher babbling like crazy and then to add to the babbling symphony I hear...snoring. Yep Daddy's sleeping. While I wanted to run right out there and grab the baby and chastise Jared for sleeping I just let it go. I needed a little sleep. So at 4:30 when I wake again and STILL hear the baby but no Daddy I go out there to find Jared Zombie-like watching the tube while Christopher just pats Daddy's face. Seriously kid - ya NEED TO SLEEP.

So I feel like I seriously suck at motherhood right now. I know that this is just a phase but Lordy Love-a-Duck I'm exhausted, not loving the stuff that is going on with Christopher and feeling extremely guilty for being bitchy/crabby about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment