Friday, August 20, 2010

Trauma for your Momma

Today Christopher had his two month check-up. I knew what was coming but never imagined it would be as stressful as it was for ME!

Our little monkey weighed in at 11 pounds 15 ounces. Jared, his parents, and I all made guesses and Jared was the closest at 12 pounds. I had been worried about his eating...guess that was for naught! Thank goodness our little guy at least knows how to eat! He's also gained an inch and a half - must be all that squirming he does, just growing and growing!

After asking several questions of our family doctor we decided to proceed with the vaccinations. I knew that it would be tough but...wow. When the nurses asked me to "hold him down" I started to cry. He was being so sweet. The girls counted to three, poked and my baby boy turned seventeen shades of red and screamed. The nurse on his left had a last vaccination to give and then I was able to pick him up and comfort him as best I could. He cried pretty hard for all of ten seconds and then just whimpered. Why does it have to be so hurtful???

He's finally sleeping pretty soundly now. He was so upset and hungry and tired when we got home. Hard to keep him calm and sane. He just wanted to be held and comforted. I loved up on him as much as I could and hope that he knows that it will be okay.

1 comment:

  1. Shots are the worst thing to go through..especially with your first baby! I always made Mark hold him while I hid in a corner! Then I would do all the comforting afterwards! Glad you both made it through! And happy to hear that he is growing like a weed! Enjoy this time..before you know it he will be walking :)

    Sarah L.

    ReplyDelete