Monday, August 23, 2010

Firsts

One of the big reasons why I didn't want to put Christopher in daycare was because I didn't want to miss the "firsts"... I'm still sad about it but I know that it is what we need to do right now. I also believe that time away from him - especially during this colicky stressful time - is going to make me an even better Mommy.

He started truly smiling within this last week. I was so worried that it would never happen. It is the most beautiful sight for this Mommy's eyes...it melts my heart and still makes me tear up.

He also is starting to track objects and does best with following eyes. If Jared or I are holding him and the other walks past he will actually follow you now. That is so sweet. Any worries about his development that I may have had are completely assuaged. He is perfect!

Here's a picture of two firsts - his first day of daycare and the first smile I was able to catch on camera. Look at those eyes sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment