Thursday, August 19, 2010

Time Flies!

Wow it's almost been a month since I have taken time to write...I can tell you that it has been pretty nutso here between colic and my feeling out of sorts because I can't help him. The good news is that things are starting to get better.

Christopher's colic has been pretty chaotic. He typically cries between 5 pm and 8 pm and we do EVERYTHING we can to calm him down. Unfortunately the only thing that has really worked is taking him outside. So Jared, Christopher & I have been sitting on the deck at night watching the clouds, bugs, cars, etc. It is really amazing as he just sits quietly and takes it all in. By 7p.m. I try to bring him in and we give him a bath. He seems to love bath time. It happens every night right now. I'm hoping we don't wear it out!

His face has really cleared up. I was SO paranoid about it. It looked terrible between the acne and the really dry skin. I know it wasn't a big deal but I didn't want people to think "yuck" about him...even though I did.
I am 99% sure that the chiropractor appointments have been helping. The colic fits have been shorter and shorter. This week they are lasting from 15 - 30 minutes where in the beginning they were at least 2 hours. It SUCKED!! We also changed formulas yesterday...maybe that is helping too.

I'm also seeing the chiropractor for my hand. He, of course, completely disagreed with the orthopedic surgeon's treatment
plan. The good news is that the visits have really been helping. It doesn't hurt nearly as much anymore! Yay!

Jared & I are doing a lot better. On Sunday I finally called his Mom to ask for some help. I had no idea how much more I could take so we dropped Christopher off with her and went to Appleton for the day. Jared & I went for lunch and did some shopping and finally were able to have a good conversation about the "State of the Union". Communication is the key!

I'm attempting our first family get together this weekend. My birthday is tomorrow and while we won't be going out I thought it would be nice to have family over. So Sunday I'm gonna play hostess and have my family and hopefully some of Jared's over. Looking forward to it!

Tomorrow is Christopher's 2 month appointment with Dr. Fullington. I'm looking forward to finding out how much he weighs now but NOT looking forward to him receiving shots. I'm sure it will be worse for me - that's what they say anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment